Here are the steps we are taking to rid the native areas of undesirable weeds and to promote the fine fescues that we want.
1. Mow to a height of 6 inches
2. Remove debris
3. Apply a mixture of 3 post emergent herbicides
4. One month after first application apply the 3 post emergent herbicides plus a pre-emergent herbicide
5. Next Spring we will repeat the process
6. In the Fall wherever there are bare areas we will seed
Currently we are mowing all areas that we may use a riding mower on. Afterwards we will come back and hand mow with weedeaters the areas we were unable to get.